Accident Management ServiceIf you have been unfortunate enough to be invoved in an accident call our accident management service. To qualify for this service all you need to do is call our freephone number within 8 hours of your accident, we will deal directly with your insurance company on your behalf. For more information on what to do following an accident click here. Our first priority is to provide good advice and then to ensure you stay mobile following an accident.
But we do more than that.
One of our trained support team will speak to you to record details of the accident and ensure that you are given advice over any matters which concern you about the accident.
Having recorded those details, we will make an assessment of whether there is an identifiable negligent party against whom a claim for losses can be pursued.
- If we are satisfied that we can help, we will then provide you with a replacement vehicle for the duration of the repair to your vehicle. If your vehicle is deemed to be a total loss (also known as a “write off”), you can remain in our vehicle for up to 7 days after the date on which either you or Accident Exchange receive a cheque for the agreed settlement value of your damaged vehicle.
- If your vehicle is not mechanically or legally capable of being driven then we will deliver a replacement vehicle to you. If your vehicle is still in use following the accident then we will deliver a car to you when your own vehicle is to be repaired. The charges in respect of the replacement vehicle will be recovered from the insurer of the at fault party.
- We will manage your claim and liaise with everyone on your behalf – witnesses, insurers, repairers, and the third party - and, if you require formal legal advice, we will appoint a solicitor to act on your behalf.
- We do all this through our partnerships with franchised dealers, bodyshops, insurers, fleet management providers and car manufacturers.
- Your vehicle will be repaired by either an insurer, manufacturer or Accident Exchange approved body repair shop where the standard of repair will be of the highest standard and where the repairer will provide a warranty against defective repairs.
- We will maintain contact with the repair shop repairing your car and, if you ask us to, we will keep you updated on the progress of repairs.
- We will help you recover any other element of loss that you have suffered as a result of the accident e.g. policy excess, travelling expenses, personal injury and diminution.
|Our Non Fault Service||If you do not Qualify for our Non-Fault Service|
|Recovery of your damaged vehicle to an approved repair centre||Recovery of your damaged vehicle to an approved repair centre|
|Protection of your insurance excess||The only estimate you need to proceed with the repair of your vehicle|
|The only estimate you need to proceed with the repair of your vehicle||Experienced management of the repair of your vehicle|
|Experienced management of the repair of your vehicle||A replacement vehicle while yours is being repaired for up to 21 days|
|Delivery of a replacement vehicle while yours is being repaired.||Management of your claim with your own insurance company|
|Management of the communication with the various parties in the claim, including insurance companies, third parties and witnesses|
|Help in claiming any "uninsured losses"|
|Access to legal advice from a nationwide panel of specialist solicitors|
Terms & ConditionsWhen you call our accident management number, our accident management supplier will determine wether you qualify for our non-fault service by assessing the circumstances of the accident and wether there is an identifiable insured fault party responsible for the accident. If you do not qualify for our non-fault service we may still be able to assist you (see paragraph 3 below). In both cases you must contact us within 8 hours of your accident.
Our Non-Fault Service
If you qualify for our non fault service:
- The make and model of the replacement vehicle will depend on the make, model, age and value of your own vehicle.
- If your vehicle is deemed to be beyond economic repair, we will supply you with a replacement vehicle until seven days after after the date of receipt of a cheque for the agreed pre-accident value of your vehicle
- If your own motor insurer pays for the repairs to your own vehicle and you have to pay policy excess, we will seek to recover this amount from the at fault party's insurer on your behalf together with any other 'uninsured losses' such as loss of earnings, loss in value of your vehicle, etc. We will need to present the at fault party's insurer with appropriate evidence of any such losses.
If you do not qualify for our non-fault service, you may still be entitled to certain benefits (including a temporary replacement vehicle), subject to terms & conditions below:
- you must be registered for the accident management service and your first point of contact following the accident must be with our accident management supplier using the accident management number within 8 working hours of the accident;
- our accident management supplier must be satisfied that the accident that your vehicle was damaged in is a reportable traffic accident as defined in the Road Traffic Act 1988;
- your damaged vehicle must have been roadworthy and legally drivable and must not have been driven contrary to road traffic laws at the time leading up to the accident;
- you must have your vehicle repaired at our approved repair centre;
- the driver of your vehicle must have been legally entitled to drive the vehicle at the time of the accident;
- If you qualify for a replacement vehicle, it will be a make and model determined by our accident management supplier and be provided for a maximum of 21 days or the duration of the repairs to your own vehicle, whichever is shorter;
- you must provide proof of comprehensive insurance insurance for the replacement vehicle for the replacement vehicle for the duration of the loan;
- you will be entitled to management of your claim subject to giving any consents required by parties (for example your own insurer) before they discuss your claim with us.
- Our accident management supplier will process your personal data in order to provide the services to you.
It is entirely YOUR CHOICE BY LAW to have your vehicle repaired WHEREVER you wish.
The paint and body centre here in Broxburn have received many projects over the years including the B.M.W. Isetta which can be seen at Eastern BMW.
For more information about our services or to arrange a quote, please contact us.