Apprentice Parts Person - Eastern BMW
42.50 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Exciting opportunity to start your career in the motor industry!
Apprentice Parts Advisor
Eastern BMW Newbridge
Salary £8,112 per annum for first year - rising in line with National Minimum Wage increments
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 29 sites with just over 1200 employees.
What does the job entail?
- To ensure all customers are dealt with promptly and courteously.
- To ensure all incoming calls are answered within the department’s guidelines.
- To be fully aware of the usual trading terms of the dealership.
- To ensure that parts are correctly checked against delivery notes and all orders are checked before the delivery note is signed.
- To ensure all parts received for stock have been put away before close of business.
- To ensure that the work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
- To maintain and update displays at all times and ensure all current marketing brochures are on display within the showroom/customer environment.
- To ensure that exchange units and warranty parts returned to the Parts department are clean and labelled correctly.
- To update the surcharge/parts returns ledger as required.
- To complete work based training projects with minimum disruption to the parts department and within agreed timescales.
- To ensure that the procedures for handling cash, cheques and accounts are fully adhered to.
- To ensure that the security of the parts department is upheld at all times.
- To report any stock damage or stock losses to the Parts Manager/Parts Team Leader.
- To carry out stock checks as instructed.
- To ensure all parts are accurately located using the correct DMS and stock control methods.
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of correct packing procedure and despatch matters.
- To assist with warranty material and returns.
- To ensure all roll cages/boxes and packaging are available for return to the manufacturer.
- To adhere to all health & safety, QMA and Retail Standard procedures.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality and reliability
- Commitment and self confidence
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers