Customer Service Manager - Western VW Fort Kinnaird
42 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Customer Service Manager
Western Volkswagen – Fort Kinnaird
Salary range £25,000 - £30,000 per annum DOE
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
Nature of the Role:
To ensure excellent customer service while maintaining an agreed profit contribution to the Company; develop Service Department to achieve financial and customer service targets; organise, direct and control the activities of Service staff to achieve plans and budgets; monitor & audit Manufacturers R&M, Warranty, Recall processes and procedures.
What does the job entail?
- Create and agree the Organisation and staffing, to ensure the efficient achievement of objectives.
- Ensure that annual appraisals are conducted for each employee and training plans are agreed and implemented
- Create and maintain control systems for all departmental resources, financial, material and personnel
- Continuously monitor Customer Service levels and take corrective action where necessary (training, discipline or new procedures)
- Ensure complaints are dealt with quickly and courteously, recording them for review with Manager
- Utilise monthly accounts to monitor and control profitability and productivity, including workshop efficiency, debtors and working capital
- Ensure that all warranty and R&M work is carried out within guidelines
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained and employees are trained in the safe use of equipment and substances
- Ensure that premises and equipment are maintained to a high standard of repair, decoration and presentation, as agreed with the Service Manager
- Ensure that all legal responsibilities are met
- To hold staff briefings for all staff on a regular basis at intervals agreed with line manager and a written record kept in minute form
- Perform weekly desk top audits on R&M, Warranty, Safety recall job cards
- Perform daily quality control report audit
- All audit reports to be compiled and briefed to the Service Manager
- To ensure all BER Standard training guidelines are achieved
- To ensure all training qualification levels and safety recall training standards are achieved
- To contribute to the development of all operating and administrative policies and procedures to ensure achievement of all tasks in a timely manner.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Previous motor trade experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Management experience gained within the motor industry
- Quality focused and reliable
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Customer oriented
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme