Parts Advisor - Western Commercial Broxburn
42 hours Edinburgh Full Time
“It’s a beautiful thing when a career and passion come together”
Western Commercial - Broxburn
Salary Range £20,000 to £22,000
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 35 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job entail?
- To ensure all customers are dealt with promptly and courteously, build rapport and understand their requirements
- To be fully aware of the usual trading terms of the dealership
- Monitor and maintain agreed stock and accessory levels
- To ensure that parts are correctly checked against delivery notes and all orders are checked before the delivery note is signed.
- To ensure all parts and accessories are correctly stored and the work area is kept to a high standard of cleanliness
- To retain awareness of promotions and marketing campaigns and maintain updated displays at all times
- To ensure that old units returned to the Parts department are clean
- To maintain a surcharge ledger, if appropriate
- To attend internal/external training courses as directed by management
- To ensure that the procedures for handling cash, cheques and accounts are fully adhered to
- To report any stock damage or stock losses to the manager
- To assist in stock checks when required
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of correct packing procedure and despatch matters.
- To maintain good relationships with all suppliers and colleagues
- To deal with warranty material
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous parts experience
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality & reliability
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Company Sick pay
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme