Parts Manager - Western Honda Edinburgh
45 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Western Honda Edinburgh
Salary £26,000 per annum + Bonus + Company Car
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 35 sites with just over 1500 employees.
What does the job entail?
- To develop and agree annual sales and operating plans and budgets, covering long, medium and short term objectives
- Create and agree the organisation and staffing, to ensure the efficient achievement of objectives
- Ensure that recruitment is conducted with reference to current policies and procedures
- Ensure that annual appraisals are conducted for each employee and training plans are agreed and implemented
- Create and maintain control systems for all departmental resources, financial, material and personnel
- Create, agree and implement sales, merchandising, advertising and sales promotion plans to meet plans and budgets
- Ensure a complaints are dealt with quickly and courteously, recording them for review
- Utilise monthly accounts to monitor and control profitability and productivity, including efficiency, debtors and working capital
- Ensure safe working environment is maintained and employees are trained in the safe use of equipment and substances
- Ensure the efficient and timely operation of administrative systems and operating procedures including: Monthly Stock Order; Completion of Statistical Reports; Invoicing of all parts; Stock Checks, Stock Control, etc.
- Ensure that all legal responsibilities are met
- Maintain parts reception to high standard and ensure effective display of parts and accessories.
- Resolve all customer parts enquiries and complaints in a competent and timely manner
- Train parts staff in service reception duties in conjunction with Service Manager
- To hold staff briefings for all staff on a regular basis and a written record kept.
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality & reliability
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Commitment, self awareness and assertiveness
- People Management
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Maternity pay
- Family days out
- Staff Intro referral scheme
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers