Service Technician - Western Toyota Dunfermline
45 hours Dunfermline Full Time
This is a rare opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 35 sites with just over 1500 employees.
Western Toyota Dunfermline
Salary £29,156 + Bonus Scheme
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
What does the job entail?
- To carry out work provided competently and within set timescale
- To ensure consistently high levels of quality and workmanship
- To ensure parts for Warranty & R&M Claims are retained and are cleaned and drained of oil, where necessary
- To develop and maintain skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of vehicles
- To maintain thorough and current product knowledge
- To work at all times towards delivering the highest possible level of customer service
- To assist colleagues in their work roles and share best practice with the team
- To liaise with customers when required to enable right first time solutions are identified
- Assistance with any other task as required
- Analyse work orders to identify what work has been agreed.
- Perform repair work as directed within timescales and in accordance with established and documented procedures, as well as conducting routine service work on all makes of vehicles.
- Communicate with other departments, including parts and service advisors.
- Be able to diagnose and detect any additional faults.
- Ensure that all work is completed safely and complies with retailer and industry guidelines.
- Help retailer achieve industry-leading standards of process efficiency.
What skills/experience are we looking for?
Preferably from a franchise retail repair centre background with ATA accreditation (or equivalent), with class IV NT MOT status.
Can work comfortably using own initiative whilst remaining an integral part of our well established team.
Carry out a wide range of mechanical repairs, including service, resulting repairs arising from the EVHC, MOT testing and warranty recall and repair work.
- Complete accurate and professional electronic video health checks, that can be presented to the customer for authorisation.
- Work efficiently and excel in utilisation, productivity and efficiency.
- Show care and commitment to the customers' vehicle whilst it is in our care.
- Seek improved methods and product knowledge in both manufacturer training and also in the live working environment.
Prove that they are worthy of joining the hybrid revolution, with Toyota (a brand leader in hybrid technology).
Additional requirements: - A minimum of 5 years trade experience and current full and clean drivers licence.
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Life assurance
- Staff Intro referral scheme