Workshop Manager - Accident Repair Centre
42 hours Broxburn Full Time
Eastern Western Accident Repair Centre - Broxburn
Salary range £26,000 to £32,000 DOE + Bonus
Thank you for your interest in working with Eastern Western Motor Group. We work with some of the world’s best loved brands. If you haven’t already, please browse around our company website and immerse yourself in our company’s history and read up on our brands. As we start to drive your aspirations to accessing a career here with us at Eastern Western Motor Group, you will really get to understand just why our staff and customers are indeed so passionate about all things Eastern Western!
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a family run company who value their employees and in return provide state of the art working facilities, competitive salary packages, benefits and industry leading training. We work with 14 brands across 37 sites with just over 1600 employees.
What does the job entail?
- To liaise with parts personnel on parts requirements/progress, chasing etc.
- To monitor job status against required completion times in conjunction Service Advisors
- To communicate with the workshop and service advisors when completion times will or will not be met.
- To organise overtime as required to meet customer workload demands.
- To raise or authorise purchase orders for non franchise parts and sub-contract services.
- Ensure that annual appraisals are conducted for each employee and training plans are agreed and implemented
- Maintain control systems for all departmental resources, financial, material and personnel
- Implement agreed advertising and sales promotion plans to meet plans and budgets
- Continuously monitor Customer Service levels and take corrective action where necessary (training, discipline or new procedures)
- Ensure complaints are dealt with quickly and courteously, recording them for review with Manager
- Utilise monthly accounts to monitor and control profitability and productivity, including workshop efficiency, debtors and working capital
- Ensure that all warranty work is carried out within guidelines
- Ensure that premises and equipment are maintained to a high standard of repair, decoration and presentation, as agreed with the GM/Board
- Ensure that all legal responsibilities are met
- To hold staff briefings for all staff on a regular basis at intervals agreed with line manager and a written record kept in minute form
- Assistance with any other task as directed
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Quality & reliability
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
In addition we offer first class employee benefits scheme such as:
- Employee discount scheme with 1600 high street/online retailers
- Option to staff savings scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent discounts on new and used car purchases
- Company pension
- 30 days annual leave which increases with length of service
- Training/Career development
- Family days out
- Staff Intro referral scheme
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers