Service Technician - Western Toyota Cameron Toll
42 hours Edinburgh Full Time
Western Toyota - Cameron Toll
£24,570 - £32,760 basic + Bonuses (OTE £30,570 - £38,760) DOE
The Eastern Western Motor Group, Scotland's leading, prestige, independent motor retailer is currently recruiting for a Service Technician for their purpose built, busy Western Toyota dealership in Cameron Toll, Edinburgh. The main purpose of the role is to carry out diagnostic, service and repair work safely, efficiently and competently, in accordance with manufacturers work specifications, maintaining the highest levels of workmanship and customer service.
- To carry out work provided competently and within set timescale
- To ensure consistently high levels of quality and workmanship
- To maintain a clean and safe work environment and tools
- To advise the Workshop Foreman or Service Advisor of any additional work necessary on a vehicle during service
- To ensure parts for Warranty & R&M Claims are retained and are cleaned and drained of oil, where necessary
- To develop and maintain skill levels in all aspects of repair, service and maintenance of vehicles
- To maintain thorough and current product knowledge
- To be responsible for the safety of yourself and others, using protective equipment when required
- To maintain personal standards of dress, cleanliness and hygiene, consistent with the standards laid down by the Company
- To work overtime as required if reasonable notice is given
- To ensure all job cards are completed to standards laid down
- To liaise & seek advice from colleagues and supervisors in situations that are beyond the work specified
- To work at all times towards delivering the highest possible level of customer service
- To assist colleagues in their work roles and share best practice with the team
- To liaise with customers when required to enable right first time solutions are identified
- Assistance with any other task as required
- Analyse work orders to identify what work has been agreed.
- Perform repair work as directed within timescales and in accordance with established and documented procedures, as well as conducting routine service work on all makes of vehicles.
- Be able to diagnose and detect any additional faults.
- Ensure that all work is completed safely and complies with retailer and industry guidelines.
- Help retailer achieve industry-leading standards of process efficiency.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Results orientated
- Commitment and self confidence
- Technical skills
- Quality focused and reliable
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Enthusiastic about customer service
- Customer oriented
- Committed to providing high quality work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- PC literate
As an Eastern Western Motor Group employee you will get a range of benefits, including:
Discounts on new and used vehicles
Discounts on parts and servicing
Contributory pension scheme
Fantastic discounts at a host of retailers