Eastern Western Motor Group History
In 1910 John Brown, our founder, was born. Although he was trained as an insurance broker and accountant, his love of cars, which later led him to competitive motor sport, drew him towards the motor trade and led to the formation of Eastern Motor Company. In 1952 the now well established business of Eastern Motor Company was run from a showroom in George Street, Edinburgh, adjacent to the Assembly Rooms. John took his company emblem from the weather vane on St. Georges Church at the West End of George Street and to this day that weather vane with its Eastern / Western pointer continues as the company motif.
Eastern Western Motor Group decided a long time ago to focus the business on retailing only executive, quality or niche products and to this day sticks to this principle. The other over-arching principle of the company is to make these products affordable. The oft quoted maxim of 'Making Luxury Cars Affordable' is more appropriate now than ever.
Eastern Western now represents 20 of the World's Top Brands from over thirty businesses, stocks over 3000 New and Used Cars and geographically covers an area from the Highlands of Scotland to the North east of England.
Eastern Western Motor Group makes every effort to provide a fabulous retail environment for its customers and staff and in doing so now trades from some of the most modern and bespoke facilities anywhere in the UK.
EWMG is proud to be Scotland's leading privately owned dealer group and looks forward to serving its customers and communities now and in the future. EWMG intends that the business remain independent, family-owned and financially secure thus providing a safe haven for its customer and a rewarding place to work for its staff.